Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I know I been slacking but here check this out

Yea I know it's been a while, and I was supposed to post again last week I said I would. But Mid-terms kicked my butt, all of em were difficult!! Then I went home for Fall break which conveniently happens to be my high school's homecoming as well. At home I'm stuck with Dial-up(X_X) My fall break was...busy. I spent most of that time working with pops trying to make some money. (poor college student :S) Whenever I wasnt working I was sleep or playing my Wii which I am Forbidden to bring back here with me. I also saw Stomping the Yard, it's a good movie. I might actually buy it on DVD. If you havent seen it yet GO GET IT!! or rent it of something iono. It's good.
About homecoming: So a went to the parade and the game that followed afterwards because what followed that, was work (The Homecoming dance for which I was the DJ). I saw many of my friends from School, in my grade, under me, ones with whom I rode the bus with, Cousins I hardly ever see, and my Band people. During the whole game I just talked with my people, reminising and catching up paying the game no mind. (My HS football team was never really that great...) It was a dissapointment to see how bad we were losing on our terf at our homecoming...around 3-4th quarter I left and went to perpare for the dance. Me and pops had already setup for the dance b4 the game started so we were ready to go. The dance started and I had the crowd rockin 4 sure ;). As I looked onto the floor and saw all the kids having fun and dancing I started to think back to my Homecoming dance and just HS altogether...good times...bad times...all of it. Still kinda miss it but looking back at me then and me now...I've changed a lot...I want to continue getting better and I intend to. The dance was over at 11:00...tired, the kids had a good time...hell I had fun too, this dude wanted me to play some techno and I knew it was gonna kill the floor haha. Gotta give the people what they want tho and so I played it but no before making sure that they knew it wasnt I that picked this to play...sure enough it killed the floor but the kids are silly and tryed to make it work...it was funny to watch. Even my Dad threw the robot out there for a sec lol it was funny. I ended that night with AS (Adult Swim- if you dont know you betta ask somebody) and woke up late Saturday morning...thought I was gonna have some free time til we DJ-ed later that day but lo, Dad needed help cuz some elderly people lost their water...these jobs took hours a piece to complete and then we had to get ready to DJ. The place was North End Plantation in Deltaville, the time was 6-like and the purpose was YMCA seafood lovers convention...or something like that. My family were the only African Americans there...so everyone except Dad felt alienated but everyone was friendly so as the night went on we all loosened up. (Dad is on the Middlesex Board of Supervisors...he's used to the crowd) This was mostly Dad's show. The Crowd was mostly early 50's and 60's so he knew exactly what they wanted to hear. Best I could do was find the CD's for him and take over when he had to use the bathroom. That ended around 10:30...tired again. As we packed up I noticed a Rainbow outlining the moonlit sky...never seen that before. A certain young lady came to mind when I thought of it and I Txted her to tell her she was on my mind. so we got stuck at the Gas station forever because Dad has the inability to go Straight home and the infamous ability to get stuck in a conversation for long periods of times...11:15 like we get home once more AS, bleach and Full metal...nice. I even watched the boondocks.. that shyt was funny, then I went to bed. Sunday I woke up real late...I was the last one up and the last one to the breakfast table. While eating this is where I watched Stomping the Yard...it was already halfway though so after seeing that much I wanted to see the whole thing (gotta love DVR) set up a timer for later and off to church. There I ran into my usual group, Denelle, Katrina, Shaunelle and we always sit in the back of the church, it was good catching up with them. after church I went home and had the rest of the day to myself (FINALLY!!) playing Brawl and Mario Kart with my siblings and then watching the Cowboys lose...sooo dissappointing. Then I watched Little man...I've already seen but it was good so I watched again. I got paid and watched Desperate Housewives with Pops...it was surprisingly funny...I might become a regular. I then introduced Dad to Family Guy, AS of course. and after that bed. Last to rise...last to get to the table and I messed around my food there. just about everyone was gone...kids-school and dad- work with mom on her way. I watched the recording of Stomp the yard and when that was over I packed up for ODU.
One could say my week was a lil boring...but it was okay I guess...I mean I worked alot but now I got money, this will last me for a while. So that was my 5-day weekend which ends tonight, today was skipped because it was uneventful thus far. I'll try to keep up with this blog better for anyone out there who may be reading my posts...anyone??...Well anyways that's all you get for now, I'll try to post tomarrow too but no promises.

No comments: